Job type: Full-time
Hanson is seeking an adaptable entry-level candidate for a UX / Functional Architect role to support our strategy, creative, and production teams in defining and implementing custom digital solutions.
This position requires a demonstrable passion for learning, an eye for detail, ability to collaborate and lead teams to solve problems, and an ability to absorb and communicate technical details.
As a UX / Functional Architect you’ll learn, master, and demonstrate an understanding of both marketing and technology. This role is critical in “bridging the gap” between the marketing objectives we meet through our creative experiences and the technical architecture and software solutions needed to bring it to life. UX / Functional Architects must understand (and in some cases collaborate on) the creative vision set forth by our strategy and creative services teams; work with the production teams and project leads to translate that vision into buildable software; and ensure that the final product is faithful to the original vision.
Initially, you’ll work directly with the Director of Experience Delivery who will provide direction and oversee the work as you learn the ropes, but the ideal candidate will become self-directing over time in the projects they are assigned. This will always be a role that is focused on collaboration, so the candidate will always work with department directors and project teams to help guide and collaborate on their assigned projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- In early stages of a project, facilitates the implementation of digital solutions by eliciting and clearly documenting requirements of a project in an effort to gain alignment from key client stakeholders and internal project teams.
- Works with strategic planner and creative leads to understand the vision of a project and evolves project requirements accordingly.
- Partners with front-end development and engineering leads to analyze the documented requirements, determine the functional behavior of a project, and the systems needed to fulfill those requirements.
- Researches software platforms, solutions and tools as needed to facilitate the functional design of a project.
- Has complete understanding of project requirements, assumptions, and dependencies and presents requirements to key client stakeholders and internal project teams as the project transitions from strategy to build.
- From transition from design to build, effectively transitions project details to assigned project manager and acts as support as needed for project duration.
- Throughout build, supports the production team as needed to translate and communicate functionality, and to document any needed deliverables to bring clarity (page specs, content inventories, data schemas, etc.)
Core Functional Skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in common business applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Keynote, Google Drive).
- Learns and demonstrates proficiency in Hanson-specific applications (e.g., Clients & Profits, Hanson Intranet, Hanson Dashboard, JIRA, etc.).
- Works with Client Services and Project Management to generate the functional definition content needed for proposals and SOWs.
- Collaborates with project leads and Project Manager to effectively manage processes through strategic planning and design phases to build.
- Uses appropriate tools and methods to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks for delivery of quality outputs on deadline.
Collaboration & Contribution
- Learns and demonstrates proficiency in the creation and maintenance of effective documentation of project requirements and scope, using Hanson scope documentation tools.
- Learns and demonstrates proficiency in providing support to production team in understanding requirements and needs, answers functional questions related to assigned tasks during projects, provides supporting materials such as fit-gap analyses, data and content documentation, metrics implementation, etc.
- Actively participates in group sessions, listens and collaborates to bring value and advance projects.
- Learns and demonstrates proficiency in sharing best practices with the agency for betterment of other projects/accounts.
- Learns and demonstrates proficiency in “bridging the gap” between strategic planning and build processes with consistent, timely communication.
- Appropriately uses all channels of communication (e.g., in-person, phone, email, IM, etc.) to drive progress and clarity.
- Communicates proactively vs. reactively in order to maximize problem-solving options.
- Learns and demonstrates proficiency in providing effective, productive feedback in the moment.
- Responds to changes in direction and other client and internal dynamics with flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Elevates issues early and recommends plans of action/contingency plans to maximize options.
- Learns and demonstrates proficiency in appropriately managing conflict and drives team to collaborative solutions, especially during experience design phase.
IDEAL EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- No specific work experience or agency experience is required, however a degree or certification in business/marketing, digital arts, user experience, or computer science would be a plus. Short of that, you’ll need to show strong communication skills, demonstrate that you’ve worked within a collaborative team (maybe even led that team), and are technically minded.
- We are a digital agency, as such you’ll be expected to learn to document requirements for digital solutions including website and mobile app development. A passion for and strong skills using digital technologies will be required. Proficiency with a scientific calculator is not required, however we have lots of conversations about PHP, .net, HTML5, Java and other platforms. You’ll need to be comfortable learning about technology and having detailed conversations about it with clients and internal teams.
- Agency life is hectic, so you’ll need to demonstrate that you can balance changing dynamics and priorities without losing sight of the details
- The ideal candidate is someone that is comfortable being uncomfortable as you guide the team to clarity; a determined and driven personality is needed.
- Qualities we look for include passion, confidence, integrity, judgment and a strong work ethic. Check the ego at the door.
- In our experience, there isn’t a single “style” that works. We’ll need you to be a diplomat, strategist, psychologist, salesperson, coach and mentor to our clients and our internal team.
- We value intellectual curiosity and promote it wherever possible. Tell us how you like to learn and grow yourself as it relates to the world of marketing, technology, and creative.
- We take our core values seriously: Be Yourself, Own the Adventure, Stay Curious, Get Emotional, and Embrace Family. Do these sound like things you’re interested in?
To start the conversation contact us at FAemail@example.com