Software Engineer (ASP.NET)
Job type: Full-time
Hanson is expanding its Software Engineering team with the addition of an ASP.NET developer to support our agency’s work with numerous clients. The position requires 2 years of experience developing ASP.NET MVC web applications and web APIs, plus great problem-solving and critical thinking skills, strong team collaboration, and a passion for the details.
Position reports to Director, Engineering.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Develops, tests, and integrates defined features and APIs within ASP.NET server development projects
- Investigates and fixes bugs
- Stays focused on assignments, avoids tumbling down rabbit holes
- Breaks down large chunks of work; reviews approach and expected effort with project lead
- Tracks and notifies appropriate team members of progress on assignments
- Attends internal and client project meetings as needed
- Infrequent travel to client locations for meetings, depending on project
- Accurate tracking and recording time for billing
Core Functional Skills
- Proficiency in ASP.NET web development and C# programming language
- Competency using the following software and tools:
- Visual Studio 2017+
- Git and other source control systems
- Postman / cURL or equivalent
- Google Drive
- Demonstrates proficiency in Hanson-specific applications (e.g., Clients & Profits, Hanson Intranet, Hanson Dashboard, JIRA, etc.)
Collaboration & Contribution
- Effectively documents work and proactively communicates progress with team
- Actively participates in group sessions to bring value and advance projects
- Appropriately uses all channels of communication (e.g., in-person, phone, email, IM, etc.) to drive progress and clarity
- Communicates proactively vs. reactively in order to maximize problem-solving options
- Provides effective, productive feedback in the moment
- Demonstrates ability to break down complex problems and plan out implementation details (in conjunction with project leads)
- Elevates issues early and shares any potential plans of action/contingency to maximize options
Ideal Experience & Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience as an ASP.NET developer
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science and/or Engineering
- Comfort with the unknown and the confidence to handle changing project requirements, direction, and project plans
- Ideal candidate has experience with the following technologies / systems:
- Asynchronous programming and dependency injection
- .NET CMS platforms (EpiServer, Umbraco, Sitefinity, Kentico)
- Relational database design and SQL, as well as No-SQL solutions such as CosmosDB
- Cloud hosting infrastructures like Azure and AWS
- Build automation / continuous integration systems (Jenkins, CruiseControl, etc.)
- Bug-tracking systems (JIRA)
- Qualities we look for include passion, confidence, integrity, judgment, and a strong work ethic.
- In our experience, there isn’t a single “style” that works. We’ll need you to be a diplomat, strategist, psychologist, salesperson, coach, and mentor to our clients and our internal team.
- We value intellectual curiosity and promote it wherever possible. Tell us how you like to learn and grow yourself as it relates to the world of marketing, technology and creative.
- We take our values seriously. Do these sound like things you’re interested in? Be Yourself, Own the Adventure, Stay Curious, Get Emotional, Embrace Family.
Hanson offers competitive compensation with an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare, flexible spending, 401K, and paid time-off for your birthday, holidays, and the days we are closed between Christmas and New Year’s. Work/life balance is important to us, and our collaborative environment is flexible, fun, and fueled. (Coffee, snacks, flavored waters, pop, and beer Fridays are very important to us!)
To start the conversation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.