Hanson is seeking an experienced Functional Architect to support overall agency efforts in the successful definition and implementation of digital solutions. This position requires strong team collaboration, a passion for the details, and great problem-solving skills. Our Functional Architects must demonstrate an understanding of both marketing and technology as this role is critical in “bridging the gap” between the marketing objectives we are meeting through our creative experiences and the development of the technical architectures and software solutions needed to bring it to life.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- In early stages of a project, facilitates the implementation of digital solutions by eliciting and clearly documenting requirements of a project in an effort to gain alignment from key client stakeholders and internal project teams.
- As the project evolves, works with strategic planner and creative leads to understand the vision of a project and evolves project requirements accordingly.
- Partners with the front-end and engineering project leads to analyze the documented requirements, determining the functional behavior of a project, and the system needs to fulfill those requirements.
- Has complete understanding of project requirements, assumptions, and dependencies and presents requirements to key client stakeholders and internal project teams as the project transitions from strategy to build.
- Effectively transitions project details to assigned project manager and acts as support as needed for the duration of the project build.
- Throughout build, supports the production team as needed to translate and communicate functionality, and to document any needed deliverables to bring clarity (page specs, content inventories, data schemas, entity/relationship diagrams, etc.
- Researches software platforms and solutions as needed to facilitate the functional design of a project, prepares fit/gap analyses and recommendations for the build team and clients.
Core Functional Skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in critical business applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Keynote, Google Drive), diagramming/technical drawing software (e.g. Visio, OmniGraffle)
- Demonstrates proficiency in business data modeling and workflows and experience with technical projects
Demonstrates proficiency in Hanson-specific applications (e.g., Clients & Profits, Hanson Intranet, Hanson Dashboard, JIRA, etc.)
- Works with Client Services and Project Management to generate the functional definition content needed for proposals and SOWs
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and effectively document all project requirements and scope details in the Hanson Scope Documentation tool. Effectively manages process through strategic planning and design phases to build
- Uses appropriate tools and methods to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks for delivery of quality outputs on deadline
Collaboration & Contribution
- Provides value across all agency departments in the effective documentation of requirements and scope
- Supports production team in understanding requirements and needs as it relates to assigned tasks during projects such as fit-gaps on software solutions, data and content documentation, metrics implementation, etc.
- Actively participates in group sessions to bring value and advance projects
- Shares best practices readily with agency for betterment of other projects/accounts
- Effectively “bridges the gap” between strategic planning and build processes with consistent, timely communication
- Appropriately uses all channels of communication (e.g., in-person, phone, email, IM, etc.) to drive progress and clarity
- Communicates proactively vs. reactively in order to maximize problem-solving options
- Provides effective, productive feedback in the moment
- Responds to changes in direction and other client and internal dynamics with flexibility and resourcefulness
- Elevates issues early and recommends plans of action/contingency to maximize options
- Manages timing of projects, balancing client need with internal capacity
- Appropriately manages conflict resolution and drives team to collaborative solutions — especially during experience design phase.
Ideal Experience & Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience in architecture or project management. Ideally, you will have worked in an agency or software development for a minimum of 4 years.
- We are a digital agency, as such you’ll need to have experience in understanding and documenting requirements for digital solutions including website development and mobile app development.
- Skills we look for include a clear understanding of web strategy and the technology necessary to work with marketing and IS/IT client contacts. Proficiency with a scientific calculator not required, however we have lots of conversations about PHP, .net, HTML5, Java and other platforms.
- Qualities we look for include passion, confidence, integrity, judgment and a strong work ethic. Check the ego at the door.
- In our experience, there isn’t a single “style” that works. We’ll need you to be a diplomat, strategist, psychologist, salesperson, coach and mentor to our clients and our internal team.
- We value intellectual curiosity and promote it wherever possible. Tell us how you like to learn and grow yourself as it relates to the world of marketing, technology and creative.
- We take our values seriously. Do these sound like things you’re interested in? Be Yourself, Own the Adventure, Stay Curious, Get Emotional, Embrace Family
Hanson offers competitive compensation with an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare, flexible spending, 401K, and paid time-off for your birthday, holidays, and the days we are closed between Christmas and New Years. Work/life balance is important to us, and our collaborative environment is flexible, fun and fueled. (Coffee, snacks, flavored waters, pop and beer Fridays are very important to us!)
To start the conversation, contact us at FAemail@example.com.